At last, I have put the final scratches on this portrait and am calling it done. I have filled out his coat – what a fun texture that was to play with! I also reworked his hair some and made a few other small changes throughout the piece. The eye has been troublesome all along, but I am finally content with it after making some changes. Here is the final piece.
-8×10 inch Ampersand Scratchboard
-Tools used: X-Acto Knife, Scratchboard Tool, and Faber-Castell Brush Pen for corrections
A few close-ups. Sorry for the blue haze – these were taken outside in daylight, and it gave the images a blue tint.
And finally, here is a short video showing the progress stages of the drawing from start to finish, as well as some of the technique I used. I hope you enjoy it.
Thank you for looking! 🙂