I had a rather relaxing afternoon to myself today, and spent a good deal of time working on my draft horse scratchboard. This is very slow going. When I started out on this drawing, I knew it would require a lot of detail, but all those straps, buckles, and bits have taken a lot of time. But it’s coming along. I’m still using just an X-Acto knife and am more or less stippling with it to get the fine, soft textures of the horse’s hide. I’ve also used a little hatching for the halter. The horse looks a little eerie with that black hollow where his eye should be…I expect the next update will include the eye.
Thanks for looking, and have a Happy Easter!