I’ve been given the Liebster Award! What an honor! It was given to me by Inari Designs. Be sure to check out Inari’s blog, especially her detailed drawings. Such beautiful work! Thank you so much, Inari! 🙂
So, the Liebster Award is community based and once nominated you answer 11 questions the nominee asked, then give 11 random facts about yourself, nominate 11 more bloggers for the award and then ask them 11 questions.
Ok, let’s start with the 11 questions the nominee asked.
- If you had to describe yourself in 3 words what would they be? Artistic, Quiet, Gentle.
- What do you do to relax/ unwind? Music plays a big part in relaxing for me. I also love to draw…even if it’s a form of work, I find drawing very relaxing. Cooking is the same way…it’s busy, but I feel happy and at ease in the kitchen.
- What is your dream job? To be a full time artist and writer, probably. It might be fun to have my own art gallery and store…on a lakefront, with a gorgeous view, and a creative community. Yes, that would be great! 🙂
- What’s your main inspiration in life? Tough question. I draw inspiration from all sorts of things. I suppose nature is at the root of it all. Animals, beautiful scenery, the smell and sound of rain. Things like that inspire me in my art and in my writing. Oh, and music, too!
- Who is your favourite super hero? I’ve never given too much thought to super heroes. As a matter of fact, I know so little about them that I couldn’t pick a favorite! 😉
- Whats your least favourite word? This is going to sound weird coming from an artist, but my least favorite word is colorful. Why? Because I have a terrible time trying to pronounce it. However, two other words I hate are blouse and slacks. Don’t ask!
- If you could only keep 3 possessions for the rest of your life, what would they be? Drawing stuff, writing stuff, and my Bible.
- What is a skill you’d like to learn (why if you wish to share)? I think it could be fun to learn how to survive in the woods. You know, make knives out of wood and stone, eat berries and herbs and plants, build a house out of the underbrush. Not that I’d like to live that way, but it would be nice to say, “Yes, I can survive in the wild, thank you very much!”
- What’s the last thing you took a picture of? One of my cats…and not a great photo, at that, just the last one I happened to take.
- If you had to cook a signature dish what would it be? An elaborate, gourmet pasta dish, complete with a crusty garlic bread. Yum! Do I get to eat this signature dish myself? 🙂
- What makes you chose to share a post? Pretty much any time I have new artwork to share, I’ll make a post. If I’m in a good creative zone, you can be sure I make way more posts.
Random fact time.
Fact 1. While I love making art, I find painting frustrating and hard to enjoy. I get a once- or twice-a-year urge to paint, paint one or two pieces in oils or acrylics, and then I’m good to go for months. Oh, and don’t even get me started on watercolor painting! Watercolors and me were not meant to be!
Fact 2: I have more photos of my cats than I’d dare to say.
Fact 3: I currently have 6.1 days of music in my IPod. 6 days, 3 hours, 30 minutes, and 42 seconds to be exact.
Fact 4: I am a Moderator on an online art community called WetCanvas. You can find me in the Southwest/Western Art forum there.
Fact 5: I nearly died in November of 2009. I am happy to say that I’ve made a complete recovery. After I was through the worst of it, I took to keeping a daily journal as a way to cherish each moment of life, which I still keep faithfully almost six years later. I’ve filled 7 (going on 8) journals cover-to-cover so far.
Fact 6: I dream of someday having a pet ferret, a boxer dog, a Great Dane, a donkey, and a draft horse, among other animals.
Fact 7: I take great interest in history, especially Civil War through the 1930s. I react to museums and antique stores as if I’ve struck gold.
Fact 8: I know the names of more singers from the 1920s and 1930s than I know today’s singers. And yes, my IPod is full of old, old music, alongside movie scores and soundtracks by Hans Zimmer, James Horner, James Newton Howard, and others.
Fact 9: I love to cook, and am always up for a new challenge in the kitchen.
Fact 10: I hate, hate, hate coconut. I can’t even type the word coconut without grimacing.
Fact 11: I would rather get bags of knotted, broken jewelry than fine jewelry. I love junk jewelry to take apart and use for my wire sculptures. I could buy junk jewelry every day and not get tired of the thrill.
I have to admit that I don’t keep up in the blogging community as much as I’d like to, but I would like to pass this on, so… The bloggers I nominate for the Liebster Award are:
Here is the list of questions for the blogs I’ve nominated.
1. What is something certain to make you laugh?
2. Where do you find the most inspiration, at home, or away from home?
3. If you had to live in another era, when would it be? Why?
4. In your opinion, who is the greatest artist of all time? (Visual arts, music, writer, actor, anything goes.)
5. What is your greatest talent?
6. What is your favorite quote?
7. If you could relive one great moment in your life, what would it be?
8. What’s for dinner?
9. What is your greatest accomplishment?
10. Do you collect anything?
11. If you could plan the best day of your life, what would you do?